Open source reader

Monday, April 24, 2006

When to use AOP ? For things your system can live without !

I do not remember neither were I read it... nor the exact sentence, but basically it was something like
"use aspects for things your system can live without"
Pick the 3 most obvious usage for AOP
  • Caching
  • Security
  • Logging
This make a lots of sense to me ...

Java servlet filters are AOP to me also, take the filters you are currently using ...
I bet your system could live without ...

1 Comments:

  • Is security something the application can live without? Like "today we are running without any security restrictions, but anyway"?

    I think it is ridiculous to make a decission about a tool to use based on the importance of the task. If the task it not so important, why bother and develop it in the first place.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home