Open source reader

Saturday, May 20, 2006

jBixbe: a java tool I consider ... buying !

I found this tool on Erik's linkblog, thanks to him !

jBixbe provides a new quality of debugging complex Java applications by showing their structure and functioning on the conceptual level of the UML.



Look at this ...
I find this kind of visualization absolutely wonderfull !
Look how they handle collections, pretty neat !






Look at this sequence diagram !
You can collapse code that does not matter to you...






This tool is not production ready yet, looks like it will be release this summer ...
I need to play with it for a while to be sure it is okay, but looks like I'll buy my first commercial java tool !
Unless you'll give me open alterntives :)

This tool has a drawback for now: it works only on linux boxes ... and I do prefer to work under windows ...

1 Comments:

  • The drawback does not exist anymore.
    Now, jBixbe can be used under Windows.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home